ComicBookLover lets you read comics, manga and graphic novels on your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
- ComicBookLover for iPad
ComicBookLover, the premier digital comic app for Mac OS X, is now available on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. ComicBookLover lets you take your digital comics with you, giving you the freedom to read and enjoy your favorite stories and characters, any time, any place. Free comics are included to get you started.
If you’re a Mac user, enjoy the ultimate digital comic experience by using both ComicBookLover on your desktop, and ComicBookLover on your iPhone!
- Read comics with a familiar user interface
- Manga mode
- Intelligent zooming
- Lock orientation
- Screen brightness
- Transfer and open comics via apps like Safari and Mail
- Transfer comics
- via iTunes File Sharing or FTP
- from popular cloud services like Dropbox and Box
- with ComicBookLover for Mac OS X over WiFi
- from WebDAV servers
- Twitter support
- Support for comics in CBZ, CBR and PDF format
We want to give you the best digital comic reading experience with ComicBookLover. Your feedback is important, so let us know what you want in a comic reader, and help shape the future of ComicBookLover. Get in touch now!
HOW TO READ
Some simple shortcuts for you:
- Tap once to show or hide the controls
- Tap the left or right hand side of the screen to move between pages
- Double-tap to zoom in or out
- Pinch to adjust the zoom level
- Swipe to move between pages
- To delete a comic, swipe on a comic in the library
HOW TO TRANSFER COMICS TO YOUR IPHONE
ITUNES (Mac and Windows users)
iTunes File Sharing is available for iPhone (iOS 4.0 or later) and iPad ( iOS 3.2 or later).
1. Connect your computer to your iPhone/iPad using the USB cable.
2. Launch iTunes on your computer.
3. In the Devices section of the left-hand menu, select your iPhone/iPad.
4. Click on the Apps tab and scroll to the bottom of the page.
5. Select ComicBookLover and then drag and drop CBZ/CBR comics to the document list. Alternatively, click on the ’Add…’ button.
6. In ComicBookLover on your iPhone/iPad, select Transfer, iTunes File Sharing, and then click the ’Add to Library…’ button.
MAC USERS (Using ComicBookLover for Mac OS X, and Sync app)
To transfer comics to your iPhone or iPod Touch you will need to have a Mac running OS X 10.6 or later.
1. Download for free, ComicBookLover for Mac OS X (you can run in Demo mode and do not need to register the application)
2. Download for free, ComicBookLover Sync, a tool to help transfer comics from ComicBookLover on your Mac, to your iPhone or iPod Touch.
3. Launch both applications.
4. Turn on WiFi on your iPhone and launch the ComicBookLover App. Select the ’Downloads’ tab.
5. On Mac OS X, drag and drop a comic from ComicBookLover to the sync tool to transfer it.